Tuesday 15 November 2011

Holiday Gifts Ideas part 1

   I genuinely appreciate giving gifts, but, getting the weirdo that I'm, I truly don’t enjoy shopping. ?I wish that I had the fore sight to buy thoughtful presents throughout the year and then just store them in my shoebox apartment to give at the holidays… but since that isn’t going to affordable prom dresses  happen, I basically end up online shopping…. ?
   For me, this presents a problem. ?First, I never get it together to take advantage of cyber Monday and secondly, I don’t like buying generic seeming presents (I know, I’m so difficult!). ?So I was so happy when I got an email from our friend Amanda Allen, the founder of NewlyWish about how the site is a great registry site, BUT it’s also a great source for ?holiday gifts. ? If you aren’t familiar, NewlyWish is the online registry source for the best of some of New York City’s boutique retailers… so, small, unique shops that wouldn’t otherwise have the capabilities for online retailing ability are carefully prom dresses bargain  curated by NewlyWish and their best items are available to shop from AND to register for. ?Soo registry aside, here is some of what I’d like to buy for people on my holiday list! Mayra and her boyfriend love doing adorably dorky things around the city like self guided walking tours while they listen to podcasts from the historical society (seriously, you truly can’t make that kind of stuff up). ?
     So, for them I’d get them this book New York 400: A visual History of America’s Greatest City and stuff a couple of Museum of the City of New York memberships inside. My cousin Eric and his wife just bought a new house and they celebrate both Chanukah and Christmas. This beautiful beautiful prom dresses  menorah would be a great housewarming/holiday gift for them. My other cousins have a lot of kids and a nice big table to have meals together at.

No comments:

Post a Comment