Sunday 20 November 2011

Inviting the Bridal Party part 1

    The Q: "I have been engaged for a few months, and my fiance and I are about to take a trip to visit some of my closest friends.  I have already asked my sister to be my maid of honor, and to even out my fiancee’s side, I need to select two more friends.  I was wondering if you had any affordable prom dresses  advice — I have no idea what duties bridesmaids do traditionally (unlike this blog, I am never a bridesmaid, always a wedding singer), and that makes it harder to pick good attendants who I know will reduce my wedding day stress rather than add to it.
    What kinds of roles do bridesmaids usually play in a wedding outside of looking beautiful and witnessing the ceremony?" The A: Thank you for the question. I find that we get this from a lot of brides in some format or another: sometimes it’s about how to replace a bridesmaid if someone has to drop out or, such as in this case, who you should invite or if you should bother to “even out prom dresses bargain  bridesmaids to groomsmen”. You should only ask your VERY CLOSEST friends or relatives to be bridesmaids. Seriously.
      If you don’t have really obvious choices for your bridesmaids identities, then I suggest you don’t have them. It will be much less stressful to only have a maid of honor and have your other two groomsmen walk down the aisle single file or side by side than to increase the size of your bridal party. Generally speaking, with rare exceptions, more bridesmaids and groomsmen always results in more beautiful prom dresses  stress than less- through no fault of anyone’s in particular! I’ll explain the psychology of being a bridesmaid a little bit: it’s very expensive, and unless you truly are great friends with the bride, it often results in being less helpful and more disgruntled.

No comments:

Post a Comment